Monday, August 1, 2011

So about camp

I know this is quite a few weeks late, but I just thought I'd share a little about my experience at camp this summer with my old youth group. It was an incredible year. We had eight baptisms (two of which were re-baptized), lots of growing was involved, lots of seeds were planted and lots of changing happened... Even on my part. One thing that I love about camp is the special time that the senior campers get to take advantage of at night. We have time in the schedule where we can get together and just sing praises to God while on the ball field on our property. One night at one of these ball field devos, we were given the opportunity to get together with about three or four other people and just talk and confess stuff that was going on in our world. I was lucky enough to participate in this. It helped me see what I really needed to change and I was able to get the guts to confess it to other people and to really admit to myself that I needed to change this part of my life. It has been very beneficial for me to have done this. The change has not yet been easy, but is getting easier with each passing day. Thank goodness. So pray for me. Yet again, we thought the girls would win the egg toss. It was SO close. It was down to one girls team and one boys team. But we lost, so the boys gave the girls an egg shampoo. I'll have more later. This is just what I had to say so far.

No comments: