Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Here's what I've determined

I think I'm gonna change my posts a little from now on. I've been thinking about the things I've been writing on here in the past, and I am kinda sad that I didn't handle some of these things better. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, made anyone feel uncomfortable or anything. I guess I just felt that this was a way I could vent when I needed to. I did that a LOT and I didn't mean to vent all that much. This just seemed like the only place that I could do it and maybe get some support from other people. That was wrong. I am sorry. I will do better to keep my venting to myself or get it out in a different way.

Since that's taken care of, I have some other things I wanna just talk about. John and I are getting married August 14, 2010 at Crieve Hall church of Christ. I can't wait. My mom and I have been working on wedding plans almost non stop. We've already got our party picked out and I am very grateful that they all want to be apart of our big day. This is the day I've been looking forward to for all my life. I am glad I have found someone who I can share my life with. I've pretty much decided for sure about my colors- perriwinkle (spelling??) and white. I had some other ideas, but one of them was gonna be too dark for August, and the other one was being matched up in ways that would make it look like we were having a sports team wedding. I didn't want that at all (even though I am both a UK and Ole Miss fan). No sports wedding allowed.

Over the weekend, I got to hang out with some of the best people in the world. I'm not just saying that because we're gonna be family soon. These people are incredible. John's grandmother turned 90 on mother's day. John's mom's side of the family all came to town to help her celebrate. John and I went to Lebanon saturday to spend time with everybody. I had a blast. I got to meet some new people I hadn't met yet, and I really like all of them. It was great to see them. I left with a sunburn but I think it was all worth it. Sunday, John went back to Lebanon and I went with my parents to Kentucky to visit my dad's parents for mother's day. It was great to see them. My grandmother is letting me use her cake topper from when they got married a little over 50 years ago. I am so excited. It's gonna be so special.

I just can't even believe I am marrying someone who grew up close to where my great grandparents lived. I never thought that would happen. I am so blessed that God put him in my life. We did have our moments like every other couple does, and our period of separation and that was hard. I do think now that I look back on it that it was something that we needed to do to help us grow stronger together as a couple and it helped us keep God in our relationship where he needed to be.

God never ceases to amaze me. I learn new things about Him and from Him every day. I can't even describe what it's been like except by saying that I have never felt this close to Him in my life. Granted, I know I can always be closer, and my growth in Him and to Him will continue to get stronger and closer every day. Sometimes I forget and loose side of looking to Him first when things happen (good or bad). I know that I am not the only one who feels this way. Things can only get better from here! I can't wait! :)

No comments: